Catch up time

A lot has happened..been happening...lately. Time to get it out of my head and fill in the gaps. Where to begin?

184 lbs is the new count. YEAH MAN!!! Okay that is all I can celebrate because 165 is the real goal. The secret is running, muay thai, and circuit training. Oh and cutting back on my food intake seems to have a help too. I don't understand how not eating two Big Macs with fries and a Coke can cut down on my waist line. Can you?

As you can guess from my project, Stuff in My Girlfriends Elevator, I have moved in with my girlfriend. That's a big one. Huge one. We said we wouldn't do it until we were married but we also bought a place together. That is the best one change that we can't really enjoy until the building is actually finished in 3 months (give or take 2 years. Got to love new development buying in NY during a real estate downturn). Home buying is wonderful...ahhh. But honestly moving in has been the best. Lately I haven't been able to see as much of her as I wanted and even if we didn't get the place I still would've wanted to do this. I love this woman.

Last fall I visited China and Japan for the first time. And I will be going back. It was fantastic, and eye opening. I visited my girlfriend's family in mainland China for a week. Not sure but I think I was the first introduction to a black person for a few people. As a matter of fact I am sure I was. Then it was off to Japan for a friends wedding and travel around the country for a few days. Amazing is all I can say. The Japanese have seen black people before so it wasn't as much of a staring issue there. But there we hit major cities so that was a factor as well. This year I want to do Thailand but riots, and civil unrest is probably going to mess that up.

I have been keeping up with guitar but slacking a bit so I need a kick in the ass on it. Though I still love it soooo much I don't think I am progressing as much. You get out what you put in is the saying so that is definitely my fault. I have been trying to see new bands as much as I can so that is fun. Just wish I had someone to do it with. I am sure people think I am odd for being the one dude at the bar. Whatever I like the adventure. Latest band I am digging is "Hooray for Goodbye". Brooklyn based girl band. Found them on a random night at National Underground. Free show, good beer, nice sound but I want to hear more stuff by them.

Downside to all this is that I haven't done any art work in a long time. Hell, any work period. I have had a lot of things to inspire me but I am still stuck in a rut. Trying to get out, that was the main reason for starting this blog in the first place right? I really need a kick in the ass.

Comments